The #1 Strategy to Gain New Twitter Followers
You need more Twitter followers. This can be difficult when you’re new to the social network because not many people will see your tweets until you’ve gained a decent sized following.
In this article I’m going to teach you the #1 reason why this process is slow (and my strategy to kick it into overdrive):
Twitter Feed Algorithm
Twitter’s algorithm heavily depends on engagement.
Your tweets need:
Engagement begets more engagement.
It’s like the timeless riddle. Which came first, the chicken or the egg?
To get engagement, you’ll need followers.
To get followers, you’ll need engagement.
That’s a Catch-22. That’s why you struggle to get your first 100 or 1,000 followers
Your First 100 Followers
A beginner with no followers will talk to themselves for a long time.
Sure you will gain followers naturally over time but you could do more.
You’ve heard all of the typical advice about…
- Catchy headlines
- Creating threads
Here’s a secret that not everybody tells you:
The fastest growing Twitter accounts all get help from others.
Having a friend with followers to like, retweet and comment on your tweets gives you the engagement you need.
Helping out others in this same way to boost their engagement benefits you too.
When you help an account with less than 1k or even 100 followers, they’ll remember you.
When those accounts get recognized and grow, you’ll have a group of loyal friends with a lot of followers.
Make New Friends
To get a few followers on your Twitter account that can help you boost your engagement levels, you’re going to need to talk and connect with others. Without this networking, it takes a very long time to reach the point where you can attract engagement without the help of other big accounts.
Look for accounts with:
- 1k – 5k followers
- Quality content
- Similar content topics
Try these tactics to reach them..
- Cold DM – Not the best option but sometimes works with enough repetition
- Gain Attention, Then DM – Like & Retweet for them. Comment and engage in chat. DM once they’ll recognize your name.
- Cold Promo – Feature your favorite undiscovered accounts each week (example pictured below)
My Marketing Experience
You’re probably reading this because you need followers. Perhaps we can help each other.
Personally, I don’t have many followers yet but there’s something you don’t know about me…
I’m not a marketing beginner and will grow quick!
I’m just new to using Twitter.
Let me tell you a bit about myself and my online experience
I’m an introvert and hate bragging but you don’t know me and need some background info so here goes..
- I am 39 years old
- Made my first dollar online at 12 years old
- Working full-time online since 2009
- Married for 18 years with three kids
- The internet made every dollar my family of 5 has spent for 13 years
Just a handful of my accomplishments..
- Created 3 different online businesses with $100k+ annual profits each
- Digital training courses
- Extensive trial and error with SEO, sales pages, newsletters, copywriting & more
- Developed 14 WordPress Plugins
- Coached Amazon affiliates for 9 years
- I had #1 Yahoo Search rankings before Google even existed
- One of the original vendors & affiliates on JVZoo
- Top 10% JVZoo vendor & affiliate
- Created FB Group of 100k
Sales Data From My ECommerce Site
Over the years, I’ve learned a lot of skills since I’m not a big fan of outsourcing.
I have extensive experience in..
- Photoshop Graphics
- Video Editing
- Website Design
- Web Server Management
- Anything WordPress including extensive customization
- Social Marketing (just not Twitter yet lol)
- Writing & SEO
- Ebooks & Videos
I also dabble in..
- Parenting & being a good husband
- Personal finance for the self-employed
- Investing & Crypto
- Ethereum & Bitcoin mining
- Growing & selling tropical plants
- Night fishing for snook and grouper
- Raising chickens
Let’s Team Up
As you can see, my extensive experience combined with trained marketing chickens will allow me to take over Twitter.
I want you to come along for the ride!
Visit the page below for my tweet about this post:
Click here to see my tweet about gaining new Twitter followers
When you drop by my tweet, make sure you…
- Make a comment and say hi
- Like the tweet
- Retweet and invite your followers to connect with you too
- Send me a DM and let’s chat to see how we can help each other
A tweet I did for @CashFlowBowser to attract new followers